Wanna know what the most overused word is in the skin care industry? Natural.
Our subscribers often ask if we offer a natural remedy for acne. This is a loaded question as the definition of “natural” is not regulated and often abused. Let’s break it down here:
The adjective “natural” means existing in or derived from nature. This definition would cover virtually every ingredient since at some point everything was derived from nature. So where do we draw the line? We presume genetically modified crops are not natural but how about cultivated crops?
Look at what watermelons and bananas looked like four hundred years ago. What is labeled as “natural” or “organic” is a derivative of sorts. In the same way, we’ve seen so many cosmetic companies abuse the term “natural” for the sake of sales and marketing.
17th century still-life from Giovanni Stanchi, showing how a watermelon looked 400 years ago.
FREE TOOLKIT TO CLEAR ACNE
Take the quiz. Answer 3 easy questions to get your FREE Toolkit to beat acne!
As a general rule of thumb, if a cosmetic product can sit at room temperature on a shelf for more than six months, it should NOT be labeled natural. This would cut out most cosmetic, haircare, and skincare products carried at your local retailers.
Although we do not label Clearly’s products as natural, 4 of the 5 primary ingredients that Clearly uses are derived from nature:
- Vitamin A is essential for the health of your skin, eyes, and immune system. Clearly uses an acidic version of Vitamin A, retinol, which accelerates the turnover of skin cells, particularly the dead skin inside your pores. This reduces the material which forms plugs and clogs pores on acne-prone skin. Additionally, retinol is used to rebuild collagen under scars.
- Vitamin B3 is important for healthy skin formation. Clearly uses niacinamide, the active form of Vitamin B3, to reduce the discoloration associated with acne marks, reduce acne, inflammation, and maintain a hydrated lipid barrier.
- Vitamin C is essential for the growth and repair of tissues in your body. Clearly uses Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP), the stable and less acidic formulation of Vitamin C. It’s put in Clearly’s formulations to rebuild the collagen under scars, lighten spots, and minimize the damage from UV rays.
- AZA is an organic compound that is produced by yeast found on your skin. Clearly uses AZA to inhibit the growth of P. acnes bacteria, flush out dead skin cells and reduce the coloration of acne marks.
Clearly’s formulations are not stocked at your local store because they are freshly made and shipped direct to consumer.
We do not use fragrances or artificial coloring and each formulation is sealed in airless bottles to minimize the use of preservatives.
While Clearly is in favor of natural, it is our obligation to select ingredients that are effective at stopping acne and clearing pores. The ingredients we’ve listed above are well established in treating acne and rebuilding collagen.
We encourage you to do further research to find out what natural means to you (click on the links above to geek out more). Alternatively, we are available over Messenger chat to answer your questions.
Simply chat us via Facebook messenger.
More about Clearly:
We’re a Singapore-based skincare company with a singular focus to help reduce the occurrence of acne, breakouts, and acne marks.
We formulate using effective and proven ingredients in the right combinations and concentrations to ensure that they treat at the root while still being kind on your skin.
We formulate, bottle, and ship all of our products from Singapore.
Life can be hard, treating breakouts shouldn’t be.
For “special case” skin conditions, Clearly augments its serums with additional ingredients as well:
- For hormonal acne (acne flares the week of your menses): Pair your Clearly serum with chaste berry, spearmint or white peony which help to regulate hormone levels. If you usually get breakouts during the week of your menses, please flag this to Clara over chat.
- For oily skin, Clearly makes an in-house toner derived from witch hazel, cucumber, and rose water.
- For milia cysts (small bumps and uneven skin tone): pair your Clearly serum with a gentle scrub made of salt, or powdered seeds.
While natural is the trendy word-of-the-skincare-day, we must balance this requirement with ingredients that are proven to stop acne.
FREE TOOLKIT TO CLEAR ACNE
Answer 3 easy questions to get FREE personalized advice on how to clear acne!
See what others have to say about Clearly Basics.
@skinwithak @clearlybasics helped maintain my skin after oral prescription and honestly their products have helped so many, I get many DM’s thanking me for recommending Clearly Basics and how it’s helped them.
If I knew about @clearlybasics prior to my course of oral prescription I would’ve definitely gone with using Clear Out for sure!
@megdaviesx I’ve suffered with acne since I was 12 years old. Now at 25 I just accepted that I’d always have acne prone skin. When I came across Clearly, I had pretty much run out of hope, thinking ‘well why the hell not give it a go!’.
Only 2 months into my new routine, and I can’t believe this is my skin!! I am happy to go out of the house without makeup on but doing makeup isn’t a chore anymore either. My confidence has grown and I can’t believe I didn’t find Clearly sooner!
@gemskin__ A little progress goes a long way! 🙌🏻 In the first picture I think my skin was purging from the first week of using @clearlybasics ‘Clear Out’. I believe I actually cried either before or after I took this photo, my skin was super painful and I felt so ugly and self conscious!
The second picture is 5 weeks after using Clear Out, just scarring (being helped by using Lighten Up) and no actives!
I’m so happy with the results so far using these products and they have been the only thing that has helped my skin!
@aishx I have been using this product for the last 3 months and I swear by it!
My nasty pimps went away within days, my blemish marks were lightened and the size of my pores decreased drastically! In fact I feel that my skin brightened up a lot and my makeup looked smoother too!
@theclearskinroad My @clearlybasics update!! The photos on the left were October 2nd and the photos on the right were today (October 11th).
I’ve been using the Power Duo for Clearly Basics for about 2 months now, and now starting to see quick results! My favourite is the “Clear Out” 🤗 Loving the results and exciting to keep using Clearly products!
Individual results may vary