Wanna know what the most overused word is in the skin care industry? Natural.
Our subscribers often ask if we offer a natural remedy for acne. This is a loaded question as the definition of “natural” is not regulated and often abused. Let’s break it down here:
The adjective “natural” means existing in or derived from nature. This definition would cover virtually every ingredient since at some point everything was derived from nature. So where do we draw the line? We presume genetically modified crops are not natural but how about cultivated crops?
Look at what watermelons and bananas looked like four hundred years ago. What is labeled as “natural” or “organic” is a derivative of sorts. In the same way, we’ve seen so many cosmetic companies abuse the term “natural” for the sake of sales and marketing.
17th century still-life from Giovanni Stanchi, showing how a watermelon looked 400 years ago.
FREE TOOLKIT TO CLEAR ACNE
Take the quiz. Answer 3 easy questions to get your FREE Toolkit to beat acne!
As a general rule of thumb, if a cosmetic product can sit at room temperature on a shelf for more than six months, it should NOT be labeled natural. This would cut out most cosmetic, haircare, and skincare products carried at your local retailers.
Although we do not label Clearly’s products as natural, 4 of the 5 primary ingredients that Clearly uses are derived from nature:
- Vitamin A is essential for the health of your skin, eyes, and immune system. Clearly uses an acidic version of Vitamin A, retinol, which accelerates the turnover of skin cells, particularly the dead skin inside your pores. This reduces the material which forms plugs and clogs pores on acne-prone skin. Additionally, retinol is used to rebuild collagen under scars.
- Vitamin B3 is important for healthy skin formation. Clearly uses niacinamide, the active form of Vitamin B3, to reduce the discoloration associated with acne marks, reduce acne, inflammation, and maintain a hydrated lipid barrier.
- Vitamin C is essential for the growth and repair of tissues in your body. Clearly uses Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP), the stable and less acidic formulation of Vitamin C. It’s put in Clearly’s formulations to rebuild the collagen under scars, lighten spots, and minimize the damage from UV rays.
- AZA is an organic compound that is produced by yeast found on your skin. Clearly uses AZA to inhibit the growth of P. acnes bacteria, flush out dead skin cells and reduce the coloration of acne marks.
Clearly’s formulations are not stocked at your local store because they are freshly made and shipped direct to consumer.
We do not use fragrances or artificial coloring and each formulation is sealed in airless bottles to minimize the use of preservatives.
While Clearly is in favor of natural, it is our obligation to select ingredients that are effective at stopping acne and clearing pores. The ingredients we’ve listed above are well established in treating acne and rebuilding collagen.
We encourage you to do further research to find out what natural means to you (click on the links above to geek out more). Alternatively, we are available over Messenger chat to answer your questions.
Simply chat us via Facebook messenger.
More about Clearly:
We’re a Singapore-based skincare company with a singular focus to help reduce the occurrence of acne, breakouts, and acne marks.
We formulate using effective and proven ingredients in the right combinations and concentrations to ensure that they treat at the root while still being kind on your skin.
We formulate, bottle, and ship all of our products from Singapore.
Life can be hard, treating breakouts shouldn’t be.
For “special case” skin conditions, Clearly augments its serums with additional ingredients as well:
- For hormonal acne (acne flares the week of your menses): Pair your Clearly serum with chaste berry, spearmint or white peony which help to regulate hormone levels. If you usually get breakouts during the week of your menses, please flag this to Clara over chat.
- For oily skin, Clearly makes an in-house toner derived from witch hazel, cucumber, and rose water.
- For milia cysts (small bumps and uneven skin tone): pair your Clearly serum with a gentle scrub made of salt, or powdered seeds.
While natural is the trendy word-of-the-skincare-day, we must balance this requirement with ingredients that are proven to stop acne.
FREE TOOLKIT TO CLEAR ACNE
Answer 3 easy questions to get FREE personalized advice on how to clear acne!
See what others have to say about Clearly Basics.
I payed for this myself and have not been asked to do this post, I just think If it’ll help someone else why would I not shout about it!
@skinwithak @clearlybasics helped maintain my skin after oral prescription and honestly their products have helped so many, I get many DM’s thanking me for recommending Clearly Basics and how it’s helped them.
If I knew about @clearlybasics prior to my course of oral prescription I would’ve definitely gone with using Clear Out for sure!
@deannaskin Over the past month and a half I’ve noticed a massive change to the appearance and texture of my skin since using @clearlybasics. Honestly the most effective products (vegan of course) I’ve used all year. Not only has the redness of my spots reduced, but I rarely get painful under-the-skin bumps or huge whiteheads anymore. My scars have also faded so quickly 👀
If your skin is similar to mine I’d 100% recommend that you implement these products into your skincare routine.
I’m only a few weeks in using these products but the results have been so positive🔮🧚🏽♀️
@myfriendacne At first I thought that my skin was THE thing that changed the most. It clearly is seeing from the surface. And here must say a huuuuge thank you to @clearlybasics for supporting me and give me the opportunity to take care of my skin.
After I looked at my pictures from last year I was shocked how my attitude has changed towards myself. I love myself more. I accept my skin, my body and my inner self so much more than a year before where I had the feeling to be perfect to my own imaginations and for other people.
@beas.bareskin Clearly Basics have been with me for about a week and I’m so happy I’ve been using their product!!!!!
My fave between these 3 is the “Lighten up” one because it has definitely helped with the redness! The redness on my cheeks are slowly dimming down and the texture of my skin is so soft and smooth.
You may not be able to tell cuz pictures don’t do it justice but if you were to have felt my skin before I used their products compared to now you can definitely feel the difference !!!
@pimpledgirl The 1st week was amazed! Fascinating skin texture, there were no stinging. The 2nd week were pretty same. The 3rd week – purging starred – bumpy skin, redness. The 4th week – same but I added #ProtectiveMoisturiser either from @clearlybasics and in three days redness was reduced. The 5-6th weeks – skin smoother, less red, breaking out badly. The 7-8th week – is it my skin? not red (even after washing as it used to be).
I’d say the amount of pustules has been reduced in 85%. I still have some tiny-tiny pimples and will keep going with mu treatment. • Honestly I’m very grateful to Clearly Basics • I’ll keep you updated.
Individual results may vary