Extra Strength Duothe team for stubborn clogs and red acne marks
From:Save$7 as a set
If you have used Clear Out and need a little extra kick to clear up the last of the deeper, stubborn clogs, Extra Strength Duo is the set for you. Clear Out Extra Strength has 20% more pore-purging power to flush out those tough clogs.
Why EXTRA STRENGTH DUO?
- Clear Out Extra Strength breaks down sebum and flushes out even the toughest of clogs
- Lighten Up soothes skin and fades the appearance of red marks left after acne has cleared
- Expect clearer, less acne-prone skin with improved texture and tone after the first set. Do note that closed comedones may take up to 4.5 months to flush out depending on their size.
- PETA-Certified Vegan
- PETA-Certified Cruelty-Free
- Fragrance-, Colorant-, Paraben-, Lanolin-Free
90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
98% of Clear Out users see an improvement in their skin after their first bottle. If you don’t, you can get your money back on Clear Out.
Save when adding these companion products:
There’s No One Like You
There are very few formulations out there designed to fade the appearance of post-acne red marks. There are even fewer formulations that are effective. Lighten Up uses a one-of-a-kind blend of natural, soothing ingredients you cannot find anywhere else.
More Than a Pore-Purging Machine
With retinol to fight the signs of aging, and AZA to calm redness and fade the look of post-acne marks, Clear Out Extra Strength does more than tackle tough clogs. As the spots and bumps start to go, look out for all-round healthier, younger-looking skin.
KEY INGREDIENTS - COES
Full Ingredient List
water, alcohol, azelaic acid, cetearyl alcohol, PEG-6, cyclomethicone, PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, salicylic acid, glycerin, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl myristate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, retinol, pentylene glycol, lecithin, polysorbate 20, potassium phosphate, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin
What It Is: Retinol is a gentler form of prescription-strength retinoids. As derivatives of Vitamin A, retinoids are the No.1 ingredients dermatologists use to clear clogs.
(Dr. Leyden & Dr Stein-Gold, 2017)
Why It’s Here:
· Continuously flushes out dead skin cells so skin becomes less acne-prone (Dr Kraft & Dr Freiman, 2019)
· Flattens bumpy skin (Dr Schmidt & Dr Gans, 2011)
· Restores skin, improves hydration, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (British Journal of Dermatology, 2010)
· Boosts collagen (Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, 2007)
What It Is: AZA is a naturally occurring acid found in grains.
Why It’s Here:
· Calms redness, improves skin texture, and brightens skin (Dr. St Surin-Lord & Dr. Miller)
· Cleans the insides of pores (Dr Nazzaro & Dr Passi, 1989)
· Fades the appearance of red post-acne marks
(Dr Hollinger & Dr Angra, 2018)
What It Is: Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) naturally sourced from the bark of the willow tree.
Why It’s Here:
· Exfoliates the skin by penetrating deep into the pores and clearing out dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria
· Reduces oily skin (Dr Tasleem, 2019)
· Shrinks the appearance of pores by tightening skin and reducing oiliness
KEY INGREDIENTS - LU
Full Ingredient List
water, cyclomethicone, alpha-bisabolol, glycerin, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, pentaclethra macroloba seed oil, isohexadecane, polysorbate 80, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin
What It Is: Calendula is a natural oil and powerful antioxidant extracted from marigold flowers.
Why It’s Here:
· Improves skin texture and tone (Dr Kim et al, 2018)
· Protects the skin from environmental damage
· Calms skin (Dr Dawid-Pac, 2013)
What It Is: Bisabolol is an essential oil and potent antioxidant extracted from calming chamomile flowers.
Why It’s Here:
Helps correct hyperpigmentation (Dr Lee et al, 2010)
Stimulates and promotes healing (Dr Villegas et al, 2001)
Calms skin (Maurya et al, 2014)
Locks in skin’s natural moisture
Soothes skin and is an excellent anti-irritant (Dr Miraj & Dr Alesaeidj, 2016)
What It Is: A tea tree oil found in the Amazon, pracaxi oil is an age-old remedy used to promote healing and soothe redness. (Banov et al, 2014)
Why It’s Here:
· Fades the appearance of post-acne marks
(Teixeira et al, 2012)
· Hydrates skin (Banov et al, 2014)
· Keeps the skin surface clean (Dr Guimaraes & Dr Cunha, 2016)
@deannaskin Over the past month and a half I’ve noticed a massive change to the appearance and texture of my skin since using @clearlybasics. Honestly the most effective products (vegan of course) I’ve used all year. Not only has the redness of my spots reduced, but I rarely get painful under-the-skin bumps or huge whiteheads anymore. My scars have also faded so quickly 👀
If your skin is similar to mine I’d 100% recommend that you implement these products into your skincare routine.
I’m only a few weeks in using these products but the results have been so positive🔮🧚🏽♀️
@fi_ding I just wanted to post my progress, firstly to thank Clearly for giving me my confidence back! I have suffered on and off with my skin for years, the contraceptive pill kept it under control for a long time but since stopping any hormonal contraception my skins been up and down like a yo-yo! I really didn’t want to go down the route of prescription oral medication, personal choice, so when I read about Clearly Basics (after ALOT of research) I decided to give it a go. Even after a few weeks I could tell a difference, and after a few months, the difference is huge! My skin was angry, painful and inflamed. Its now way way calmer, with only a couple of spots popping up around that time of the month. And I’m overjoyed with that! I next plan on tackling the red marks left behind so I can feel even more confident make up free. It does take time, but be patient, and consistent, and it will work! No foaming face washes seem to have helped for me too. Thanks again clearly 🤗😀
@megandownes Amazing!! Never have I found a brand that is so gentle on my skin but works wonders. The lighten up is the best thing for redness, the difference in just one day on my pictures below. Can’t recommend enough, especially for hormonal acne. Thank you Clearly!
Individual results may vary with all before/after images on this page
How To Use
How do the products in this set work together?
- Clear Out Extra Strength (COES) is our flagship product. As the name implies, it flushes out the clogs and congestion in your pores, making it much harder for breakouts to form.
- Lighten Up fades the appearance of red marks left after pimples have flattened.
Why is Clearly Basics different?
CLEARLY BASICS IS EFFECTIVE. Every product in the Clearly Basics lineup uses medical-grade ingredients which ensure the purity and potency (and ultimately, the effectiveness) of the formulation. Most of our products use multiple active ingredients; when combined in the right mix, these ingredients amplify each other’s effectiveness. Our pharmacists then boost the formulations with botanicals, which are very effective in reducing potential irritation.
How do I apply the 2 products?
Wash your face and pat dry. Follow with your toner (if using).
Then, apply Lighten Up directly onto any red acne marks.
Wait 3 minutes and apply a pea-sized pump of COES (for nighttime use only). Be sure to apply COES before other night creams.
You should use a pea-sized pump of COES to spread across your entire face and the lotion should be left on all night. It’s that simple! We spent a lot of time working on the base of this formulation so that a pea-sized pump can spread across your entire face. At this rate, a single bottle should last 2.5 to 3 months.
Note that COES packs quite a punch. As such, avoid using products which contain AHAs or BHAs until your skin has adjusted and you are not experiencing irritation. During the day, continue with your usual routine and use a non-comedogenic facial sunscreen with SPF+30 if you are going outdoors.
How often do I apply the 2 products?
As for COES, it should only be applied in the evenings. Start COES with alternate nightly application. This gives your skin time to adjust to the strength of the formulation. Step up to nightly application after one week if no lasting irritation occurs.
Can I use this set alongside my other skincare products?
If COES is too drying, step down to using Clear Out instead.
Can I use this set if I have sensitive skin?
Can I use this set if I am trying to conceive, breastfeeding, or pregnant?
I am getting new breakouts while using COES. Should I discontinue use?
COES does not cause clogs. Rather, these were clogs that were already deep inside your skin before you started COES and it is necessary to remove these in order to get clear skin. Get through the purge and by week eight, it’s smooth sailing! You will turn over a new layer of skin with fewer clogs. Every bottle is designed to last 3 months so you should see this turnover and improved results by the end of your first bottle.
Can I use COES for rosacea, psoriasis, cystic or nodular acne?
Will certain skin conditions make the purge worse?
Can I use COES on my back or body?
How can I tell the difference between a reaction and a purge?
- A rash or breakout caused by a reaction/allergy would show up within the first day whereas a purge would take at least several days to surface.
- A breakout caused by a reaction would surface even on areas where you typically do not have acne. If you are applying COES on your whole face and only getting breakouts where you normally get pimples, this is likely a normal purge.
- If the breakouts you are getting are itchy 10 minutes after applying COES, discontinue use.