Balancing Cleanser100mlAHA + BHA cleanser for oily skin
For those who need extra cleansing power, this soap-free formulation contains both AHA + BHA. Glycolic acid works on the surface to exfoliate while salicylic acid goes deeper into the pores to dissolve dead skin cells and break down sebum.
Most acne cleansers contain a single AHA or a BHA. However, Balancing Cleanser combines both acids for extra effectiveness. We then minimize irritation by balancing this formulation with numerous botanicals.
Since we use medical-grade ingredients, you can even leave Balancing Cleanser on your skin for 30 minutes to get a gentle peel!
Why BALANCING CLEANSER?
- Medical-grade 2% AHA + 2% BHA face wash
- Can also be used as an exfoliating facial mask
- Gives skin a thorough cleanse without stripping it of its natural oils
- Loaded with botanicals so it is gentle on your skin
- PETA-Certified Vegan
- PETA-Certified Cruelty-Free
- Colorant-, Paraben-, Lanolin-Free
Double Trouble for Breakouts
Most acne face washes are formulated with only an AHA or BHA. Balancing Cleanser is formulated with 2% glycolic acid (an AHA) and 2% salicylic acid (a BHA) to help clear clogged pores and prepare the skin for the acne-fighting actives to follow. Balanced with botanicals, the formulation is tough on pimples but gentle on skin.
Your Weekly Facial Treatment
More than a daily face wash, Balancing Cleanser can be used as a weekly facial mask. Leave it on for 30 minutes for a gentle peel before carrying on with your regular skincare routine!
water, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, alcohol, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, acacia concinna fruit extract, balanites aegyptiaca fruit extract, gypsophila paniculata root extract, PEG-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, PPG-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, parfum
What It Is: Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) naturally sourced from the bark of the willow tree.
Why It’s Here:
· Reduces oily skin (Dr Tasleem, 2019)
· Shrinks the appearance of pores by tightening skin and reducing oiliness – a highly effective astringent
· Exfoliates the skin by penetrating deep into the pores where dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria reside
ACACIA CONCINNA FRUIT EXTRACT
What It Is: Also known as Shikakai, acacia concinna is a shrub with natural saponins (soaping agents) and a mild pH.
Why It’s Here:
· Gently cleanses skin while helping preserve its natural protective lipid layer
· Nurtures and protects skin from fungal infections and has antibacterial properties
What It Is: Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) derived from sugar cane.
Why It’s Here:
· Heals damaged skin (Dr Perricone & Dr DiNardo, 1996)
· Primes and preps skin for products to follow
· Exfoliates and effectively sheds the outermost layer of dead skin cells to reveal the brighter, fresher skin underneath
GYPSOPHILA PANICULATA ROOT
What It Is: Gypsophila paniculata is a medicinal plant more commonly known as baby’s breath.
Why It’s Here:
· Moisturizes and conditions skin
· Has natural cleansing properties
Michaela Holzhuter I’ve struggled with adult acne for years. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars trying to grab at the next promise for clear skin. Clearly Basics is the first brand that actually worked for me! It’s simple (it actually decreased the time I was spending caring for my skin), it’s scale-able (buy one product or by seven!), and it works. I couldn’t be happier with this product and the continuous progress it has provided!
@megdaviesx I’ve suffered with acne since I was 12 years old. Now at 25 I just accepted that I’d always have acne prone skin. When I came across Clearly, I had pretty much run out of hope, thinking ‘well why the hell not give it a go!’.
Only 2 months into my new routine, and I can’t believe this is my skin!! I am happy to go out of the house without makeup on but doing makeup isn’t a chore anymore either. My confidence has grown and I can’t believe I didn’t find Clearly sooner!
@aishx I have been using this product for the last 3 months and I swear by it!
My nasty pimps went away within days, my blemish marks were lightened and the size of my pores decreased drastically! In fact I feel that my skin brightened up a lot and my makeup looked smoother too!
Individual results may vary with all before/after images on this page
How To Use
How is Balancing Cleanser different from other acne cleansers?
Can I use this cleanser instead of Clear Out?
How do I choose between So Fresh and Balancing Cleanser?
How do I use Balancing Cleanser as a peel?
If you experience excessive irritation at anytime during the 30 minutes, rinse off the lather.